BMP WEALTH LIMITED’S (“BMP”) PERSONAL DATA POLICY
- BMP policy on Data Collection complies with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Cap 486 and, where applicable, the European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). For more information, you may wish to visit the Privacy Commission at www.pcpd.org.hk or GDPR at a glance. This policy is intended for existing and prospective individual clients (the “Client”) of BMP Wealth Limited and its related companies (collectively “BMP”) from whom personal information has been and / or may in the future be collected.
- BMP values and protect clients’ privacy of which this policy applies to your personal data; by “personal data”, we mean information about you of which can be used to ascertain your identity e.g. your name, address, email, telephone number, family members, lifestyle, finances and payment details.
- Personal data collected from you will only be used for the purposes of providing investment advisory and management services, regulatory due diligence, direct marketing, and compiling statistics for internal use.
- BMP will always observe the Ordinance and GDPR in the collection, maintenance and use of Personal Data. The company will ensure to the best of its abilities that the purpose of the controlling and processing of Data, in relation to clients, is to enable it to perform and improve its business of advising on financial services for clients; this includes being able to carry out due diligence on clients for anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing and anti-fraud purposes; to audit and assess risk in our services; to comply with various statutory and regulatory obligations; to market its services to those who may wish to receive them (and in relation to potential clients to consider whether to take them on); where a data subject becomes an BMP client, Hong Kong regulatory obligations require BMP to retain records for seven years and indefinitely in respect of certain clients e.g. who perform defined benefit pension scheme transfers.
- We would like to use your name and contact details to send you marketing materials about our financial advisory services (i.e. insurance, investments, pensions, private banking and property), but we must obtain your consent (or an indication of no objection) of persons who become our clients after 1 April 2013 before we can do so. We will however continue to send marketing materials to all persons who were our clients before 1 April 2013 as usual, as we are permitted to do by the Ordinance. If you do not want to receive our marketing materials, please send an email stating this to email@example.com
- We will retain your personal data for so long as is necessary for fulfilling the purpose for which it was collected. There is also a regulatory time requirement to hold Data a minimum of 7 years, and indefinitely for certain cases including that for handling disputes.
- The processing of your Personal Data may take place in several jurisdictions and may be shared with third parties outside of BMP. Your Personal Data will only be disclosed consistent with the contractual rights and obligations of BMP and for the purpose for which it was collected. Your personal data may also be disclosed where we are required to do so by law. All BMP employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal data on our behalf, for the purposes listed), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of your personal data, are obliged to comply with safeguards to ensure the continued confidentiality and security of your information, and not to use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services that are being performed for you.
- We have installed security systems to ensure your personal data is not subject to unauthorised access.
- You have the right to:
a. Check whether BMP holds Personal Data about you and gain access to such Personal Data;
b. Require BMP to correct any inaccurate Personal Data relating to the Client;
c. Request BMP to delete your Personal Data, where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected; and
d. Restrict processing of your Personal Data where appropriate. Where you do request a processing restriction, you are notified that this may have consequences in BMP being able to continue servicing you as a Client.
If you have any questions about data privacy, you can address them to:
BMP Wealth Limited, Responsible Officer
9/F Central Building, 1-3 Pedder Street, Central, Hong Kong